Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring 2011 Flowers - Peonies



The house across the street, from where I grew up had a full row of peonies that bordered the edge of yard.  Huge, fragrant blooms each year were always a wonderful treat and a true sign that summer time was getting that much closer.

The friend that lived in that house as a child, tells me she truly misses the quantity and the beauty of that row of flowers. 

Can you imagine a 40 foot row of these densely packed flowers blooming in your yard?

I was chatting on-line with her and can only think that one of the previous residents (rental) of the house in their travel to the orient must have brought back a bounty of the rhizomes from one of their trips, as the attic above the garage had a vintage stash of oriental treasures that every now and then we'd get a glimpse of.

If I can figure out how to successfully move and propagate these plants, I will let you all know at a later date.  For now, I am just enjoying the wonderful aroma of these in my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment