Sunday, August 14, 2011

House Remodel/Repair Receipt and Invoice Tracking

As I sit here at my desk, I see out of my peripheral invoices and stacks of receipts for home remodel/repair.  I have been going through them, like work expense report receipts and making note of the category, total amount and circling total amount spent and dates for future entry into a spread sheet.  Though, I am curious to learn more as to how long I should keep all of this paper and what impact it might have in the future when it comes time to sell a house.

Uncle Sam and the IRS that is and if there is any capital gain or God forbid I have to prove a loss in value and expenditures to back up either one.

If any readers know what the rules are governing this topic, please post. 

If in the future, I locate articles on the topic, I will post URL's, if available.

No comments:

Post a Comment