Friday, February 18, 2011

Basement Bathroom Project - Phase I cont. floor tile

Since the original Florida Tile, 4"x4" tile can not be replaced, I believe that I am going to replace it with some Silestone 12"x12" tiles in Blanco Maple that I purchased about 4 years ago. 


http://www.silestoneusa.com/colors/

Yes, 4 years ago!

Saw them.  Liked them.  The price was right (just about held my heart still when I realized they now cost almost $15. per square foot tile) and bought the 3 or 4 boxes that the store had just as one purchases a dress they like.  As the occasion to wear will eventually arrive.

Basement bathroom floor area is roughly 26 square feet.  Let's pray that none of the tile gets damaged, as I have approx. 35 tiles total.

One more gravitation from what I had originally envisioned for the basement bathroom shifting and changing.  Glad that I already had the tile, as my other choice would have been white Italian marble tile; which I don't have in my "inventory" of building materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment