Friday, February 18, 2011

Basement Bathroom Project - Phase I cont. sink

Prior to starting the bathroom remodel, I purchased a new white carerra counter top with white porcelain sink in a 19"x25" dimension from a contractor (via Craigslist.org).  I was quite certain that this was what I was going to find a cabinet vanity for and have installed in the basement bathroom.


Within the last week, I found a 1930's, white porcelain on cast iron wall sink and matching pedestal built by Standard in excellent condition as well as a nice 8" spread chrome on brass faucet set.  On the same shopping trip, I found two old porcelain pull chain vanity light fixtures and an old metal and beveled mirrored medicine chest with original glass handle.


This was in my quest for a higher quality chrome faucet set for the marble bath vanity and the "find" ended up shifting my thinking and direction on my design to more of a retro look.


Less than a week later and I am out again and stumble across a really beautiful square Kohler Memoirs sink and in the back of the shop with all of the other odds and ends I noticed that one of the pedestals looked similar.  But, one of the workers told me it was from another sink that had broken and had been thrown out.


Low and behold, I contacted Kohler this afternoon and by chance they are a set!  Sweet!  They have already forwarded me installation instructions, as well as have placed the wall mounting hardware on order for me.  (http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/115740_4.pdf pdf instructions and dimensions) 


Having been on the search for an 8" spread chrome faucet set, I don't think it will be too difficult for me to make a choice on a single hole chrome set.  Already have a couple of styles that are for sale on Overstock.com that I believe would suit the style of this sink and not break the bank.







No comments:

Post a Comment