Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cognitive Disconense

Do you remember the term "cognitive disconense" from your college psychology 101 class?  The prime example given is when you purchase an item such as an automobile that you continue to seek out data to make certain that you made the proper decision.

The set of chairs that I purchased a few weeks back for $69 per chair was a binge purchase.  But, I really loved the lines and scale of the chairs and took the plunge.
Restoration Hardware, 18th Century French Burlap Chair


Consignment shop $69 jewel
  Translation, I have been psychologically been put at ease by the knowledge that the style chair is popular enough for Restoration Hardware to reproduce, as well as the fact that a recent addition of "Architectural Digest" featured the homes of Rob Lowe and T. Boone Pitkins and both of them had similar chairs in their homes.

Let me just pat myself on the back ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment