Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Friday Night and Chilly

Here is is already 15 October and half of the month just buzzed by without a wink.  It goes from intense heat here in the DC area with humidity that will keep any sane person indoors during the hottest parts of the day to this brisk, dry cold air. 

In the grocery store this evening there was the mixture of various seasons of dress.  Many a person still with the Aloha shirt or shorts and a t-shirt with sandals to the winter jacket and wool cap.

It is going down to the low 40's this evening and I hate to do it to Empress Lui, but the window that I normally leave open for her to get fresh air and check the outside world is closed for the night.
15 October 2010 - Empress Lui keeping her paws warm
I am hoping that tomorrow will be clear and comfortable and that my motivation to get some of the work around the yard, etc. can be accomplished without having some lame excuse. 

You know, like rain, bugs or it being too hot, etc.

Below is a snapshot that I took here at O'Dea-O'Dea this year.  March to be exact. 

I then made use of it as the cover photo for my work team's internal MS Sharepoint site.  A bright reminder as to how the seasons change and each one has a beauty of its own.

No comments: