Thursday, September 30, 2010

Paw and Splash Proofing Potted Plants REVISITED

A status update and modification to the large plant repotting projects that I posted a week ago. 

The Lord Fairfax, Urban Tiger a.k.a. Mason, getting pea gravel stuck to his paws and a few pieces here and there, as he walked away from his session of ritualistic plant abuse.

This is the pea gravel that I had placed on top of the soil to keep it from getting on his paws and help prevent soil from splashing out of the pot when I watered the plants.

Another trip to Home Depot a.k.a. Home Deposit for a bag of larger chunks of white marble stone.  Cost $4.

I would not recommend bringing the bag of stone into the house.  I placed it outdoors and used a plastic bag to cover my hand and filled a small heavy duty container with stones and made trips back and forth until each of the large indoor plants had the layer of pea gravel covered.

Lesson learned and I hope that my sharing helps you with your next potting and pet proofing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment